Monday, April 27, 2009

Last week of practice and quarter final schedule

Parents and players,

Excellent job over the weekend working together as a TEAM without enough players and a very stiff wind. You went out and got the job done. Three wins in three games. That is what you needed to do and you did it!

Our final two practices will be 3/27 Monday 6:30-7:30ish because I wanted the players to have one more session with the trainer and this was the night he was available. The last practice will be on Thursday 3/30 and will follow the same schedule.

The schedule for quarter finals is posted and our first game will be against the Madisonville Storm. That is one of the teams we beat in Baton Rouge. The draw for the following game won't occur until the completion of the first game at 8:45 (on field 3 at Cargill Park in Shreveport).

It would be nice for everyone who is staying to try and stay in the same hotel if possible. That way the girls can hang out together through out the day. If there are players whose parents can't go, please try and get a ride with someone (I can take someone) and we might need to have players stay with other players families (we can have someone if needed). I am pretty sure I know those who are NOT coming but if your daughter is not coming, please send me an e-mail just to verify.

I look forward to a great week and would ask all the players to go to bed early, eat well, stretch at home every day for a few minutes and think about what you want to accomplish this weekend. Because of your hard work, you are going to the quarter finals for the State Cup! Remember no one ever gave anyone a championship. A team has to earn it as a team.

See you tonight!

Rich

0 comments: